A remarkable venue with a steady flow of pedestrian traffic.
The Atrium is a galleria-like structure of glass and steel that provides an impressive indoor venue for exhibitions, product displays, launches, artistic installations, showcases and markets. The space is home to some of Melbourne’s major galleries, cafes and specialty stores, including The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia. The Atrium measures approximately 90m x 17m with a 15m suspended ceiling and a cantilevered opening onto Flinders Street. The central floor space is complemented by the Fracture Gallery and the Air Gallery, with the steel frame of the building providing excellent points for rigging. The Atrium also provides direct access to the Deakin Edge theatre, with the flexibility to use both venues as part of a large festival, event or exhibition.
The Fracture Gallery is an enclosed glass space in the wall of The Atrium which is ideal for exhibitions and artistic installations.
Infrastructure and artistic works can be suspended from the ceiling of The Atrium in a large, open-air gallery.
At the northern end the Atrium, under the glass cantilever, is a 6m x 3m area available for commercial, promotional and retail displays.
- Undercover and protected from the weather
- 1200sqm floor space
- Exhibition display system with lighting – all exhibitions must use a Fed Square Pty Ltd exhibition display system and must be a full system hire
- LED screen (7.68sqm, 16:9 aspect ratio) and sound system
- Paved concrete floor
- Accessible public toilets
- A hearing-aid loop amplifier can be patched into any The Atrium sound system to assist the hearing impaired.
- Climate-controlled heating and cooling
- Lift access to the The Square
- Onsite catering providers
- Power throughout the venue
- Full closure of The Atrium is an extreme occurrence in unique circumstances and is subject to approval by Fed Square Pty Ltd.
Area: 1200 sqm
Crowd Capacity: 800
Audio Visual: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes