Our policy for dealing with any personal information that you might disclose to us while visiting this website is explained below.
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use our web site. You can be certain that the information we receive about you will be treated as strictly confidential.
The information that we collect when you visit this web site
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Voluntarily Provided Information:
We also collect other information that you voluntarily provide, e.g., through responses to surveys, questionnaires, and the like.
We store the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit our site. This information is used only to create broad demographic summaries of where our users come from, e.g., we know what percentage of users come from which part of the world. Our use of these IP addresses, however, does not go so far as to identify the actual users of the site.
This information helps us dynamically generate content on web pages specifically designed for you. It also allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our site and for what purpose.
If you do not want information collected through Cookies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to deny or accept them. However, Cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features (for example, customized delivery of information) available on the site.
How we use the information we collect
We may use any registration information and other voluntarily submitted information, including Personal Information, in the following ways:
1. To enable us to process and verify subscriptions
2. To enable us to verify user credentials in order to maintain reasonable security
3. To provide our editors with information that is useful in developing new features and services for our users
4. To allow us to potentially vary content based on user preference, usage preferences, and demographics
5. To enable us to develop and improve the features, content, and services available through the site
6. To contact you regarding subscription renewals and other subscription-related matters and changes to any agreements or policies
7. To contact you regarding new site features and topic-based news alerts.
8. To enable us to use aggregate information in a number of ways to improve the site, it’s content and services.
The circumstances under which we will disclose information about you:
In the following limited circumstances, we may release Personal Information to third parties:
1. To comply with applicable legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, discovery request, or court order;
2. In special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others.
3. We may provide information about you to third parties that does not allow you to be identified or contacted (“Aggregate Information”). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our site and the activities they conduct while on our site.
How to contact us if you wish to discuss this policy
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy