Stage an event in Melbourne’s major city square.
The Square is one of the biggest outdoor venues in Melbourne, with the capacity to hold up to 10,000 people for large public events. Opening out onto Flinders St station and with a gentle sloping gradient, the 5,000sqm Main Square is ideally suited for concerts, festivals, outdoor exhibitions, film screenings, product promotions and event launches. St Paul’s Court and Swanston Street Forecourt provide a more intimate setting within The Square, while the River Terrace provides extra space for large festivals and markets.
- Large outdoor 5000sqm plaza with a surface of sandstone cobblestones
- The ‘Big Screen’ – large LED screen (65sqm, 16:9 aspect ratio) available at additional cost
- Dressing room and change facility located in Transport Hotel
- Dedicated sound system and screen feed available at an additional cost for live events
- Water access point
- Marquee hire and staging available through preferred supplier, Quality Event Hire
- Accessible public toilets
- A hearing-aid loop amplifier can be patched into the The Square’s sound system to assist the hearing impaired.
- Lift access to The Atrium and Deakin Edge
- Onsite catering providers.
Outdoor Space: 5,000sqm
Crowd Capacity: 10,000 people