Eureka International Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition (Eureka IIEC) is a major innovation event produced in collaboration with the leading innovation organizations and service providers crossing Australia and China. In May of 2018, the first Eureka IIEC was successfully held in Melbourne Convention Centre. More than three hundred people participated and benefited from the event, including entrepreneurs, scientists, innovators, investors and policymakers. This year, we have improved the program design and expect a great deal of interest. This valuable and exciting event will not only help to boost the ongoing economic activity and start-up ecosystem diversity, but will also grow the research, knowledge and innovation exchange and outcomes between Australia and China.
What is it?
A competition opens to innovators and Startup businesses from these industry sectors:
- Healthcare and Biotechnology
- Advanced Manufacturing
- New materials, clean energy, Additive manufacturing
- IT & Digital Tech
- Food & Agriculture
- Submit a short business plan and pitch to a large audience and judging panel.
Because it is China!
- Australia’s biggest market, 2-way trading partner and source of international students and tourists.
- It is the fastest growing market in the world in almost every industry sector.
- Chinese consumers and investors regard Australian products and services very highly.
Win a guided trip to China, cash prizes and build the reputation of your startup.
Check out the amazing China market meet consumers and investors, test your business ideas and model in the market.
- Craft your short business plan and pitch – submit online – deliver your pitch – a chance to win a trip to China.
- Should you be successful, you will also have the opportunity to pitch in a large competition in Jinan, China.
When and where?
- Pitch in Melbourne on the 23rd June 2019
- Travel to Shandong and Zhejiang Provinces in China in late July 2019
Eureka IIEC competition is followed by the “Eureka Innovation & Entrepreneurship Mission to China”. This 10-day program is an educational and commercialization program designed for Australian startups looking for a market, investment and collaboration opportunities in China. Provinces of Shandong and Zhejiang will be visited in this year’ program. All shortlisted finalists of Eureka IIEC will be invited to participate in this program with the support of travel grant covering the expense of flights, accommodation, and meals.
Eureka IIEC is also the Australian Division of 2019 China-Jinan International High-level Talents Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition. All shortlisted finalists of Eureka IIEC will directly enter the final of 2019 China-Jinan International High-level Talents Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition to win cash and a trophy. Finalists will also have access to the Jinan Spring City’s “5150” Program receiving 5 Million RMB (around 1 Million AUD) funding should they choose to open and company or office in the region (note: conditions apply).
- Applications Open: 29th April 2019
- Applications Close: 28th May 2019
- Release of Finalists: 5th June 2019
- Coaching Session: 12th June 2019
- Final: 23rd June 2019
- Eureka Innovation & Entrepreneurship Mission to China: Late July 2019
About the Final
- Date: 23rd June 2019
- Venue: Deakin Edge, Federation Square, Melbourne, Australia
First Prize – Eureka Award for Excellence in Innovation and Entrepreneurship| 1 position
– AUD $20,000 and a travel grant of “Eureka Innovation & Entrepreneurship Mission to China”.
Second Prize – Eureka Award for Acceleration in Innovation and Entrepreneurship | 5 positions
– AUD $2,000 and a travel grant of “Eureka Innovation & Entrepreneurship Mission to China”.
Third Prize – Eureka Award for Growth in Innovation and Entrepreneurship | 24 positions
– Travel grant of “Eureka Innovation & Entrepreneurship Mission to China”.
Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical devices, aged care, etc.
– Advanced Manufacturing
New materials, clean energy, Additive manufacturing, industry 4.0 system, etc.
– IT & Digital Tech
AI technology, VR technology, data mining, blockchain, sensor technology, intelligent control, robotics, 5G technology, etc.
– Food & Agriculture
Functional food, agricultural devices, agricultural product processing, biomass, etc.
* There will be a draw for the audience to win a round-way flights tickets to China. All money raised from audience tickets will be donated to the Australian charity organization, to help more people who need help and make the world a better place.