Salamfest is a family-friendly festival which captures the true message of Islam – ‘Peace, Love and Compassion’. It is an opportunity for communities to engage and connect with everyday Muslims through the sharing of stories, values, arts, culture and cuisine encapsulating the spirit of multiculturalism that Australia is renowned for.
Salamfest is a Muslim arts festival being offered to the people of Australia at Fed Square with plenty of activities including:
- Whirling Dervishes,
- Qawwali by Fareed Ayaz and Abu Muhammad Qawwal,
- “Stumped”, Award winning Theatrical play, is a comedy based on India Pakistan World cup Final in Melbourne,
- Daastangoi, Oral storytelling tradition that died in the early twentieth century. Experience the revival of this tradition at SalamFest,
- Sindhi and Balochi dance performance,
- Wahab Shah Sufi Dance Ensemble,
- Inspired musical journey through the Muslim world,
- Sufi Music,
- Rumi Recitals.