Working at Fed Square
Fed Square attracts on average 10 million visits annually, and therefore it is not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offerings, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
The key purpose of the Retail Tenancy Manager is to manage Fed Square’s property portfolio of tenants.
This position will ensure the mix of tenants and their use of the space creates a vibrancy at Federation Square that in turn delivers an exceptional visitor experience.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Managing a portfolio of 25 tenants
- Creating and implementing strategies to maximise income and reduce vacancies
- Preparing annual budgets of income and expenditure
- Auditing tenants to ensure compliance with OH&S, essential services requirements, and presentation standards
- Establishing and growing effective relationships with relevant agents to develop a pipeline of prospective tenants
- Identifying areas of strategic opportunity in relation to retailers and visitor experience
- Managing the tenant relationships, to ensure a mutually beneficial arrangement in the promotion of events and tourism development
- Managing tenants in relation to any capital works they carry out
- Managing and develop the Tenant Leasing Coordinator
- Experience in retail lease management
- Experience in managing tenancies in a retail precinct
- Proven success in creating and executing retail leasing strategies that have maximised income and reduced vacancies
- Strong working knowledge of retail legislation, leases and retail fundamentals.
- Excellent lease negotiation skills
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or Advanced Diploma; Preferably Property, Business/Commerce, and/or Management
- Agent representative License is desirable
Out of hours, work is required occasionally, including attendance at nominated events in evenings and weekends as required, and availability for after-hours contact is also required.
Please apply on seek with a current resume/ CV and a one-page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 2 June 2018. Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.