Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Federation Square, ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world, hosts up to 2000 events and activations and has a visitation of 10 million people each year. As a member of our team, you’ll receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offering, and enjoy an architecturally designed office space.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Manager, Event Production and Delivery, reporting into the Commercial and Public Engagement Division. As a manager of people you are accountable for coaching, developing and leading your team to achieve agreed objectives which contribute to the strategic direction of FSPL.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Oversee the delivery of up to 2000 live events and activations
- Manage the event delivery team, comprising event coordinators and third party contractors
- Support the program team in the planning and development of the event calendar including providing and or sourcing technical advice on specific event opportunities
- Lead the optimisation workfor the Venue and Event Management Database System (Currently Ungerboeck/EBMS) to unlock its value for the event delivery team and the CPE division
- Ensure compliance with FSPL’s Event Risk Framework
- Manage department budgets and provide monthly commentary as required.
- Ensure a high level of customer service
- Maintain and develop relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including key clients and contractors.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in the production and delivery of a multifaceted events venue including event risk, venue management and technical production knowledge, specifically of outdoor and large-scale events.
- Successful management of event teams
- Strong leadership and decision-making capability with a focus on collaboration and inclusion.
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Strength in project management of events
- Experience in business process improvement
- Experience in database/event booking system usage and management
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining key external relationships (commercial, civic, cultural and community) to ensure a reputation for excellence in the events industry
- Experience in process and policy development
- Business acumen and social judgement
- Risk Management and OHS practices
Education and Qualifications
- Appropriate tertiary qualification or equivalent industry-related qualification
- Out of hours work will be required time to time
Please apply with a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role by midnight on Sunday 14 October 2018 through firstname.lastname@example.org Shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about Fed Square can be found here www.fedsquare.com.