Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and cultural tenants.
Federation Square hosts up to 2000 events, and attracts on average 10 million visits annually. Therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world and is one of Melbourne’s top tourist locations. Employees receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offerings, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
As a key member of Fed Square’s marketing and communications team, the Graphic Designer will create the visual concepts as part of the Fed Square 2019 brand refresh. This role will create campaign concepts and designs through both static and motion assets and support the sales department with the development of materials and infographics. The Graphic Designer position is a 12-month contract, ceasing in June 2020 reporting into the Marketing Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Transition all FSPL assets (physical and digital) to align with 2019 Fed Square brand strategy
- Create original static and motion graphic content for seasonal and ad-hoc campaigns
- Develop high-quality marketing collateral and stakeholder communications including print, digital social media, sales proposals, reporting and infographics
- Create Brand guidelines for internal staff and partners
Skills & Experience
- 4 + years of user experience design experience working across platforms including web, mobile, tablet, desktop and broadcast
- Advanced skills in Adobe CC (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator). Basic knowledge of plug-ins (Element 3D, Trapcode Suite, etc) and Cinema 4D
- Expertise in creating video and static assets for digital campaigns within an agency or in-house environment
- Basic HTML, CSS and email template experience
- Previous experience in transitioning brands preferable
- Portfolio of completed relevant design projects
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability
- The ability to work at speed in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, self-motivated and proactive
- Agency experience preferred
Some out of hours work may be required from time-to-time and availability to receive calls for emergency works.
Applications including a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the core requirements of the role, and a web link to you portfolio should be submitted by midnight Sunday 28 April 2019 – shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the advertisement, so please do not delay applying.