Reporting to the General Manager Corporate Services you will be responsible for business analytics and research, risk management and governance. A key player in business planning and reporting, you will work across the entire organisation leading various initiatives to drive business planning and performance.
This position is responsible for both detailed analysis of business performance and the preparation of high-level reporting to the Board and executives on activities that support the strategic direction of the organisation. This role is also responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of risk management, business continuity, privacy and legal compliance frameworks.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Undertake complex research and analysis of diverse data sources and systems
- Actively contribute to the leadership of the organisation and provide strategic input into the formulation of policy, plans, key performance indicators and priorities
- Provide timely strategic advice by researching, analysing and interpreting relevant trends and through the identification of business improvement opportunities across the organisation
- Prepare high level briefing, reporting and presentation material for the executive and Board, government and relevant stakeholders
Data analytics, reporting & performance
- Lead the planning, measuring and reporting of FSPL’s KPI’s, supporting business goals, through a range of dashboards and reports conveying strategically critical analysis.
- Work collaboratively with business units to support development of insights led strategy and optimal performance through data driven reporting for decision making.
- Develop analytics and insights projects across applications and present key insights and recommendations in effective dashboard reports or visualisations (i.e. Power BI) to inform critical business decisions.
- Develop critical data and analytical strategies through extensive consultation across FSPL to identify business requirements and translate these into tangible analytics and reporting outputs.
- Work with IT and external service providers to support the ongoing development of data and analytics technical infrastructure requirements.
- Identify future analytics and reporting capability requirements and develop a roadmap to drive the transition to a more mature data driven organisation.
- Act as a conduit between FSPL’s IT Business Analyst and business units, to ensure there is clarity and alignment.
- Lead the management and maintenance of FSPL’s Risk Management Framework, covering both strategic and operational risk, and implement an annual program of activities to ensure compliance with the Minister for Finance Standing Direction 3.7.1 – Risk Management Framework & Processes.
- Lead the management and maintenance of FSPL’s business continuity planning program, including development and facilitation of enterprise-wide event exercises and testing scenarios.
- Ensure FSPL’s compliance with the Victorian Protective Data Security Framework.
- Maintain and monitor FSPL’s Legal Compliance Framework to ensure the company’s compliance with statutory obligations.
- Maintain and update FSPL’s governance policies and procedures as required.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the management of risk, business continuity and compliance frameworks/systems.
- Demonstrated experience in reporting and analytics, working collaboratively to produce performance related reports for timely and practical data based outcomes.
- Expertise in the analysis of data in order to identify issues and trends.
- Highly developed research, conceptual analytical ability demonstrated by successful resolution of complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing complex briefings, papers or reports within tight timeframes.
- Highly developed consultative, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and build mutually beneficial partnerships through a wide range of stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Highly competent time management, work prioritisation and problem solving skills.
Education and Qualifications
- A relevant tertiary qualification
Out of hours work may be required from time-to-time.
Please submit a current resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Business Insights, Risk & Governance Manager” in the subject line. Applications close 5pm Wednesday 24th October 2018 shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the ad being up, so please do not delay applying
Further details about the role can be found in the position description available at www.fedsquare.com/employment.