Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, tourism, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and specialty stores.
Fed Square hosts 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually, therefore it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world. You’ll receive discounts at NGV, ACMI, and selected restaurants within Fed Square. Fed Square Employees enjoy health and well-being offerings, and the spectacularly architecturally designed office space.
This position will identify new business opportunities, manage and grow a portfolio of clients by building rapport and understanding the most beneficial FSPL solutions for them. This role will also be accountable for developing custom proposals that identify sponsorship, venue hire, commercial sales and advertising asset cross-selling opportunities to clients in order to increase ongoing partnerships and revenue streams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Meet annual revenue targets by achieving growth from existing FSPL clients and acquiring new clients across all FSPL assets and events
- Broaden the FSPL revenue base by creating pitches to potential clients from industries including but not limited to FMCG, technology, tourism, events and conferencing.
- Development of ongoing robust business relationships via the provision of superior client service, proactive concepts and networking events.
- Plan and work with the Marketing, Events and Programming teams to develop proposals to address client’s objectives
- Collaborate with relevant FSPL employees to deliver on partnership agreements
- Engaging with and positively influencing internal teams in Fed Square to ensure operational delivery to corporate/commercial clients is seamless.
- A proven track record of performance in growing revenue within the Australian events, sporting, media or arts industry with 5+ years’ experience
- Ability to bring your own highly qualified leads and industry wide contact list will be highly regarded
- Highly competent in commercial contract interpretation, negotiation and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in account planning, creating pitches including prospect deck and sales tools, negotiation, budget/P&L creation and monitoring
- Experience in successfully holding internal teams to account, to deliver on contractual obligations in commercial contracts
- A proven ability to plan, develop and execute business development strategi
- Competent in the use of Client Relationship Management (CRM) software, Microsoft Office including PPT, Excel and Adobe PDF
Education and Qualifications
- Tertiary education will be highly regarded
- Course completion in negotiation is preferable
Some out of hours work may be required from time-to-time and availability to attend networking functions, Fed Square or Commercial Partnership events may be necessary.
Applications including a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the key criteria of the role should be submitted by midnight Sunday 30 June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org – shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the advertisement, so please do not delay applying.