- Work for a globally recognised iconic venue in the heart of Melbourne
- Build your accounts expertise at an exciting state-owned social enterprise
- Enjoy discounts at selected cafes, art galleries and Fed Square events
Working within the vibrant precinct of Federation Square it will never feel like just an ordinary workplace as you are surrounded by the creative mix of cultural attractions, world-class events, and an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and cultural tenants.
Federation Square hosts up to 2000 events and attracts on average 10 million visits annually. Therefore, it’s not surprising that it is ranked within the top 10 best public squares in the world and is one of Melbourne’s top tourist locations. Employees receive discounts to selected bars and restaurants within Fed Square, health and well-being offerings, and enjoy the architecturally designed office space.
Maternity Leave contract available, commencing 5th August, 2019 until 29 August, 2019. This role is responsible for supporting the accounting function at Fed Square in an environment of high corporate governance standards and good financial practices in order for quality business and community outcomes to be achieved.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable with respect to sundry debtors and tenancy oncharges
- Administrative support
- Assist in the preparation of the FBT calculation and return
- Preparing and posting general ledger journal entries
- Ensuring GST obligations are met with respect to payments
- Assisting in audits conducted by internal and external audit (when required)
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance, or Commerce would be desirable
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable and purchasing
- Competent in Tax compliance
- Intermediate level competency in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook
- Strong customer service skills
- Preferred experience in Ungerboeck (EBMS) accounting package
Applications including a current resume/ CV and a one page cover letter addressing the key criteria of the role should be submitted by midnight Sunday 14 July 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org – shortlisting will occur throughout the duration of the advertisement, so please do not delay applying.
Download position description: Accounts Officer – Maternity Leave Cover